Wednesday, August 3, 2011

My Mom is Great, and My Dad could Beat Up your Dad!

August 1, 2011
"To my love(which is you if you are reading this),        

HERE I AM, I AM HERE. Yup you might have guessed I am here in the Bahamas(AKA the place were the spirit of the lord has called me to serve.) I love this place it is so amazing. Beauty + Trees + great people + the gospel + Elder Roberts+ Life + the bahamas + a great branch = This great area that I have been called to! It was so amazing as I Stepped my feet on the tarmac (or the runway) and boarded a tiny airplane. I watched as the lines flew by and then I was off the ground, and the wheels pulled back in with a thud. As we flew through the sky lightning danced and I couldn't help but to sing How Great Thou Art I have never seen lighting so close and not be able to hear it. I was almost in a dream as I floated to the place were I have been called to serve. I am so greatful for everything my heavenly father has given me. We started our descent onto the Island and I got and overview of the port with Giant cranes loading cargo ships.

Meeting my new companion was something I will never forget I walked out of a tiny airport to see a white car with two Elders leaning up agianst it and when they saw me they came and gave me a hug and put my stuff in the car and we were off. I love Elder Roberts he is an awesome companion. So supportive in everything. He is from Marshalli Islands where he lived until he was 7 then he moved to Portland Oregon. He is so great super funny loves listening to the Lion King soundtrack and he is so supportive to the branch.

Bahamas is so much different from Jamaica, it is crazy. I feel as though I have started a whole new mission. It's pretty awesome. It feels like I am serving stateside now. Knocking on doors(that was weird to do for the first time), being in a car, talking to our zone on skype. It is crazy. I love being here. I am about to drive on the left hand side of the road for the first time when I am done here I hope I don't crash. 

Well everyone I really do love you all I am so glad that you are all still writting me I thought you might of forgot about me by now. Sadly today I don have time to write most of you back. I love you all so much. And if you can please go to the temple for me and let me know ,I miss the temple so much. Toni I hear you are getting your Call this week!!!! that is so Awesome!

Love

Elder Conder
ps I love you"

No comments:

Post a Comment