Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Elder Conder is transferred to the Bahamas! -July 25, 2011

Today I had a wonderful surprise,  James called me from the Miami airport!!!!!!  I was so surprised!!!!!!!  No he is not coming home, even though he planned on playing a little practical joke on me.......  I already knew because I called a random phone number I had missed and the man who answered told me he had just met one of the coolest, kindest, and every other nice thing you can think of young man named Elder Conder.  He explained to me he had bumped into him at the Miami airport and had let Elder Conder use his cell phone to make a phone call home.  He said your missionary is one happy kid, and you should be way proud of him. I told him he just made my day, or I mean year....   Ha ha ..  anyway awhile later my phone rings with a collect call from Elder Conder,  I was so dang excited I forgot that collect calls cost ALOT of money, ha ha.  I hear James saying Mom, and I am in heaven!!!!!!!!  I just love this kid. So we get to chat for a bit, he is on his way to   being transferred to the Bahamas, Freeport. So he said I am now free to travel to Jamaica.  Thanks James. Taylor got to talk with him a minute. Taylor asked if he held any position and James said he is a zone leader instead of a district leader now. I guess that is a good thing, because Taylor goes "alright "  So anyway I am thankful he is safe and on his way to The Bahamas, and I have  been there so I at least know what it looks like. He also mentioned how GREAT America is, and he loved  being home for a few short hours. We have such an amazing country!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  He wanted McDonalds so bad, I hope we did not keep him from going and getting a hamburger.  When we asked him what has been the most important thing he has learned so far, he immediately said obedience. He said he can't even describe in words how happy you can be if you are obedient. Well I love you all and take care. I will let you know next week his new address.

                                   Love Becky

No comments:

Post a Comment