Saturday, December 25, 2010

Monday November 29, 2010 9:00 am 'ish'

"Yesterday and the day before were the two best days of my mission and of most of my life! I will start with Saturday; I had the opportunity to step in to the waters of baptism with Maria Nadina-Nacola Hetey! I love this girl and she has now entered the gate to the straight and narrow path, at the end of her journey in life is no longer bleak she knows that she has the opportunity to live with her heavenly father now. and she is on her way. she is going to try to read the book of Mormon all the way through in six weeks!

Sunday, we were on our way to meet with a man named Donavon we found him here on the main road of high gate! a couple of days ago. We were walking on the road asking were he lived and his neighbors lead us to his house, in the bush(aka the jungle) so as we walked by this house, we saw his house. His house and majority of the houses remind me of the shanty towns in the book cry the beloved country. there were about 15 people inside this house watching t.v., when we walked up. then we yelled for Donavon( you yell into houses here rather then knock. its a lot like the savio's in that respect) Well we we did this tons of kids from the age of 1- 18 were pushed out side there house and the parents locked themselves inside. So I am sitting here like okay what heck they must have really not wanted to talk to us! Well as i am thinking this about five little kids are all standing around me and my comp is up teaching the older ones, so what are you to do when tons of little kids are surrounding you, with tattered cloths and giant smiles. duh ask them what there names are and what they like to do. I did just that. turns out they love singing and reading. so I told them to sing me a song! they promptly got in formation and sure enough I was being sung Jesus take the wheel by 6 of the cutest little Jamaicans on earth in there tattered cloths, in the jungle! It was awesome I still can't wipe the smile off my face! So I appointed the oldest girl (she was about 10-12) to be the leader and we sang I am a child of god together. You know how awesome and heart wrenching the primary program is? times it by the movie notebook and any other cute thing like that and it still wont compare to these kids singing I am a child of god with me and having them all sit in am semi circle reading scripture in the mud and dirt on the jungles floor! I wish you all could see this! Oh wait  you Can i videoed it haha! You just have to wait two years before you get to see it! I looooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
ooooooooooooooooooooooooovvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Jamaica and every one here they are so awesome!
i only have five mins please read MOSIAH 3:19
Don't worry, I looked it up for you! 
"For the natural man is an enemy to God, and has been from the fall of Adam, and will be, forever and ever, unless he yields to the enticings of the Holy Spirit, and putteth off the natural man and becometh a saint through the atonement of Christ the Lord, and becometh as a child, submissive, meek, humble, patient, full of love, willing to submit to all things which the Lord seeth fit to inflict upon him, even as a child doth submit to his father."

No comments:

Post a Comment