Saturday, December 25, 2010

First word from Jamaica. . .

"Dear Utah residents and People that are not in Jamaica,

Forgive me for having pride in my new country, but I must say that this is one of the most beautiful place ever! I am in the area of High gate right now! it is a mountainous community with as small town. I would say that this is the best area in Jamaica. We have been given a special responsibility here to save the branch. As one could easily see from the reputation of smoking MJ all the time it is hard to find worthy Priesthood holders here and as of right now we don't have a branch presidency. This Sunday we had a very big turn out at church it was so amazing to see all of the people we have visited this week come to renew there covenants. I have a great love for the people here they are so nice and willing to serve others! so when I see them doing these things that are going to bless there lives I can't help but to smile! I Have never felt so happy. I love these people so much!

My companion is Elder Ashton he is so awesome he is training me! His family lives right down the road from our house, and is also friends with some of my friends including; Elder Noah Newburt, Baily Martin (the sister of Jordan martin) and he knows Rory( surprising no everyone knows Rory haha). It is a small world
 
We have been helping Maria, a 12 year old girl, make her way to baptism. She is going to be baptized on the 26th of this month! I am so excited for her. This is going to bless her life so much! Maria is the smartest, nicest, best, hardest working twelve year old in the world. I wish that you could all meet her. We are helping about 7 of gods children come unto Christ each with there own story and challenges, I love each and everyone of them. I now couldn't image my life with out these people and these experiences.
  
I would tell you more about what the area looks like but I don't need to because you can just google earth it. once again it is called high gate. 
 
WERE would I be with out my mom, dad, sisters, brother in laws(soon to be ragu), friends and there families, the man sitting next to me, and the father above? I might aswell be no were thank you for being in my life I love you write me, dear elder is free and you can now email me. love you

love
elder conder"

No comments:

Post a Comment