Thursday, February 2, 2012

January 16, 2012

"DEAREST FAMILY & FRIENDS,
Elder Trumpet and I have been enjoying the life here in the Bahamas, but most of all our life on a mission. I don't think I articulate enough to detail to you the things I have done, and the way I feel. This week started off amazing as usual, P-day with a nice game of Golf. As the week progressed on we soon learned this would not be a normal week. Tuesday, we set up shop out front of a local food store where we met some amazing people. Wednesday we had district meeting. Thursday Miracle after Miracle. Friday,dinner at the one of the nicest restaurants on the island. Saturday, baptisms of Sister Cartright and Egdecombe. Sunday, conformations and amazing lessons.

I just looked at Elder Trumpet, we have a game of golf, monopoly and dinner today. Life is great. It is times like this you really have to, appreciate., give thanks and capture the moment so you can always remember these times.

Tuesday, we went to the food store and set up a little booth. We started talking to people and things seemed to be going very well. Then this man walked up and started calling us racest, he looks and me and goes why are you here if you hate black people. I thought to myself, this a great question. Why would I be here if that was true? The truth is, we all have one father and we are all equal. We have been commanded that we must not esteem one flesh above another. Sorry to go on this tangent, but God loves us all. My love extends to every human on this earth! Well the man continued to try to disturb us, I must admit it is hard to keep a cool, but we did and eventually he went away (as with all things you ignore). I felt sad that this man had distanced himself so far from the truth but my pains were soon swallowed up by the joy of being an instrument in the lords hands. That day we taught around 24 individuals. We met almost every person that walked in or out of the store. It was amazing, and a great testimony to me that if we will endure persecutions God will bless us.

Thursday, was the Miracle day. I wish I had time to show you all that happened, but I am going to focus on a specific event. 6:00pm was the baptism interview for Sister Cartright and Edgecombe. We were struggling to get the computer working. No matter what we did Skype would just not let us in. We tried and tried finally I stood up and said alright everyone let's say a prayer. I said the words Dear Heavenly Fath... when I heard Elder Trumpet say it worked. It is my testimony that God tests us each day and that he literally answers prayers.

Love,
Elder Conder"

No comments:

Post a Comment