Tuesday, January 17, 2012

January 2, 2012

Welcome to 2012, 
Welcome to my life, there's no turning back, even while were here, "Tears for Fears." It is awesome to be here on Freeport, I am sending tons of pictures with this email. (Elora will post on Jamaicanjames.blogspot.com)  I hope that will be the more secular part of my email. I would love to tell you a little more about some stories I deem as "the stories so often untold." There is a quote that I have to say before I get started. "Perhaps success isn't measured in dollars and gold, but in the stories so often untold." Everyday is Gods day on his mission. I love being here, to be able to do what he wants me to do is my greatest desire. 
Going to lunch the other day we stopped by the ATM to snag some cash, to our dismay we found that is was closed, but what happened while we were there was amazing. We were stopped by a man begging for food and as Elder Trumpet and I looked at each other it seemed as if we both remembered " and ye will not suffer that the beggars putteth up his  petition to you in vain." Well we gave him all we had. The restoration of the gospel of Jesus Christ!   As we finished I thought our work at the ATM was at an end. We were then called over by three girls, they wanted to know who Joseph Smith was, as we testified in front of that true value hardware store the spirit was strong. We invited them all to learn more. We set up a time to meet with them again. As we drove away Elder Trumpet and I talked about how wonderful this experience was. It is moments like this in life that I can say with all gravity of my heart, that all things testify there is a god, and by small and simple means are great things brought to pass. I love this mission. I love my companion. I love you. God bless
I have a family here on earth they are so good to me I want spend my life with them through all eternity. I hope you are preparing so I can spend my life with you. We are all family and I hope to live with all of you in eternity.
Love,
Elder Conder

No comments:

Post a Comment