Wednesday, December 28, 2011

December 20, 2011

"Last Christmas I was standing on top of an apartment with two of my favorite people, Elders Gardener and Tracy. I love and miss them both. We were looking over the scenic view of Ocho Rios Jamaica, what an experience. I will never forget that moment. I am so blessed to be here on Grand Bahamas this year. I am getting an early Christmas present this year, Elder Trumpet is coming for Christmas. I am going to finish my time on this island with him. I am super excited about this experience. It should be a really good time.
It's going to be a white Christmas this year. D&C 4:4, "the field is white already to harvest".
ITS a Christmas miracle, this Sunday was indeed a Christmas miracle! We had so many in attendance! It was great to see so many people out. This branch has really made some great progress, they are moving right along. The members are doing great. I would like to relate a story of one of our members, maybe two stories. The first story  is about one of our sisters who has sparked a forest fire in  hearts. We went on our way to see a new investigator who lived next door to a member. We invited our member to come teaching with us. She agreed so we went to her house and then walked to the neighbors. Well the neighbor wasn't home so our sister said, well there has got to be a reason why you are here. We sat down with her and began to teach her. She then related to us of how she had been thinking at length about her moral state when she was facing a challenge. She said this helped her to make the right choice. She then asked somewhat concerned, is it bad that I think about this all the time? No, we declared this is a great thing. This is a part of repenting. In the bible dictionary it defines repentance as a fresh view of ones self and the world. This is just what you have and a new view on life. I am so proud of her! She radiated the spirit as she bore her testimony. Then four days later at the Christmas party she came up to me and stated, I know that Joseph Smith is a prophet. I was so enlightened by this testimony and moved with hope. This was an honest testimony of an honest sister.
I love you all I hope this will be a good gift to you this Christmas,
I know that Jesus Christ is the Savior and redeemer of the world and that God loved his only begotten. I love you my brothers and sisters and pray for you often.
In the name of Jesus Christ, amen.
Love,
Elder Conder"

No comments:

Post a Comment