Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Still Alive and Kicking!!

"Well here I am still alive and kicking. Montego Bay is crazy.Why? Because I feel like I am back in America compared to where I was before. Well I guess I should correct that statement, I feel like I am in America when I am In KFC and Pizza Hut. Ha Ha because well, despite seeing the occasional white person this is definitely still Jam Rock. I really enjoy it here. There are tons of great investigators that we are working with!The branch here is so amazing. They actually have a pretty nice building here, and the members are even nicer. I love them!

We went to the funeral of Elder Walker on Saturday. We took a bus ride there with the members of Montego Bay and had a wonderful opportunity to bond with them. Elder Randle and I pretended to be there tour guides for the ride and we all had a wonderful time. Just to let you know funerals here are like giant parties, but Elder walkers was really toned down. They normally are where everyone goes to get drunk. One Guy came to us after and said this is the nicest funeral I have been to. He was talking about how reverent it was. We had another VERY unexpected thing that we got to do at the funeral, that was to help bury the body. It was very interesting I will try to get a picture of it sent home so you can see what its like because it is nothing like doing it in America. It was very nice though despite getting our nicest Shoes filled with cement, I Felt great happiness and a great honor as I helped mix the cement.

I love all of you Very much. I am sorry we haven't heard much as missionaries about Elder Walkers sister. Just keep her in your prayers
 
Love,
 Elder Conder"

No comments:

Post a Comment