Tuesday, July 12, 2011

June 20, 2011

"Dear awesome people out there,

Happy fathers day, Man I don't know of many fathers day events that are greater than the event that is about to unfold in this letter. So Prepare your imaginations to start envisioning this. We wake up 5:45 start preparing to get to the church by seven. We get there and turn on the font, and listen to the water fall in the font as we read from our scriptures. The spirit filled the room. We walked outside and saw Paul and his dad, Mervin, with huge smiles plastered on there faces. They got there clothes, put them on and sat in the sacrament hall. We proceed with the service.  As Mervin walked his son to the font I couldn't help, but think of my dad and what a cool fathers day present this was. Mervin having just been baptized and given the priesthood last week now baptizing his son.  This would have never happened without the unfailing love of my two fathers Corey Conder and my Father in heaven. My dad has taken so much out of his life and given it to me. Last night I was writing in my journal and seemingly to a trip through my childhood remembering all the things that my dad has done for me. Some big ones that stuck out were  all the great gifts he gave to me from my first motorcycle to my first car or the time he spent teaching me to ride to teaching me to be a man. I love him so much. I just got a picture in the mail for my birthday package. The picture was of us at Larry H. Miller race track with his friend Clarke. Woops I got distracted by some pictures of Ben and I don't know were I was going with that but is was great to see my dad again. I LOVE MY DAD. AND Mervin for standing up and being a dad. I love you all Please tell your dad thankyou from me for putting you into life and even into my life!
 
Love,
Elder Conder

P.s. Mom you are pretty cool Too HAha"

No comments:

Post a Comment