Thursday, September 8, 2011

August 29, 2011

"HELLO IRENE,    

"Here I am rock you like a hurricane", yes my first experience with a hurricane this week. We went to one of our members house Tuesday morning to go do service for him and he was like, do you have all of your stuff and we looked at him, a little puzzled. "No not yet" he is like you have to go now to get it!!!

This Hurricane is going to be serious. I am thinking holy cow man this must be a big deal. He is like I want you to go shopping before you come back here so, we got back in the car and headed to the store. We approached and there were hundreds of cars and when we went inside it was a mad house, People running into each other, it was almost like a movie that we were in. We got what we needed and then jumped into the line. The line was an 1 1/2hr.'s long, so we waited and waited while people ran and grabbed and sat in line. Then the power went out in the store, it stayed out for a little under 5 minutes and when it came on everyone was clapping. It was such a cool experience I will never forget. I love serving!  We ended up spending the night at the church and the next day and the next night. It was really fun to be there, and after waiting for the hurricane we found out that it changed the direction and the only thing that happened here was some wind and rain.  

Well Family and friends I love you all very much and I can't wait to hear from you all again.

Love,
Elder Conder

P.s. Tell my Grandma Happy Birthday if you see her. and Kyle happy birthday yesterday.
"

No comments:

Post a Comment